lundi 17 février 2020

Tulip in honour of Maria Montessori


The tulip below is a special tulip in honor of Maria Montessori and is part of the global celebration of 150 years of Maria Montessori’s life. 

I have an admission to make, I have not always loved tulips even though I am Dutch. Perhaps it is because I am Dutch and therefore bombarded with opinions on tulips, windmills, cheese and wooden clogs all throughout my childhood that I did not really pay much attention to the tulip. 

Personally, I think my love affair with my favourite flower had to grow slowly, through many different contacts and viewings, until finally, it was right there; one day I realised that I would always choose tulips over any other flower available at the florist. 



Every week during tulip season I would load Poloma in the car and go choose my tulips for the week! 


If you really want to enjoy a day surrounded by tulips, then I would suggest a day at the Keukenhof in Lisse. The Keukenhof, which is also known as the Garden of Europe because it is one of the largest flower gardens, is open for a very short period usually only eight weeks. The drive there is spectacular as the roads leading up to the Keukenhof are surrounded by tulip fields, and you can rent a bike at the main entrance if you want to explore the surroundings like a Dutch person! Every year Keukenhof gardeners plant around 7 million flower bulbs, in all kinds of combinations and colours. And there are themes as well as special activities and shows most days. 

Gabrielle

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire